HIPAA Compliance – Made Easy For Dentistry
Let’s talk about HIPAA.
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities.
December 3, 2020 (virtual class)
7:00 pm – 9:00pm EST / 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm CST
2 CE credit hours
Cost $35 | 2-hour class
- Review responsibilities under the Security Standard
- Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- Understand required hardware/software components
- Review the assignment of responsibilities
- Understand required forms and documentation
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Review business associate responsibilities
- Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
- Attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements
DR. KARSON L. CARPENTER, DDS
Dr. Karson L. Carpenter is a practicing dentist who serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental and medical facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA and infection control. Dr. Carpenter’s experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections, as well as the critical post-inspection process.
Click HERE to Register today.
Please contact Julie Shaffer at 888-388-4782 or visit ComplianceTrainingPartners.com if you have any questions.